Monday, February 16, 2015

2015-02-09 President's Message

                                       I Know He Lives

Dear Elders and Sisters,

I want you to know that I know God is there. I know that He lives. I know that He loves us and cares about us. I have felt His love many times.

I have felt His happiness as I have shared the gospel with His children.

I have felt His power and strength as He has used me to give priesthood blessings.

I have seen miracles: healing physical disease, the birth of babies, healing broken hearts, healing deep sins, healing abuse and neglect.

I have felt His love through the scriptures...that peaceful reassurance that the scriptures are designed to bring me back home to Him.

I have felt the blessings of the Atonement of His Son in my life.

I felt His power and strength as Elder Hales set me apart for this calling.

I felt His power and strength as Elder Bowen set apart Sister Ostler.

I have felt so clearly His great love for each of you.

I have felt His sadness and disappointment when we fall short, but at the same time, His endless mercy and hope for us.

I know He lives. I know it, not because of one or two huge spiritual experiences. I know it because of a thousand thousand "little miracles."

I thank Him for the opportunity to serve Him here in this beautiful Land of Promise. I thank Him extra for the great blessing of serving with you.

May He bless you with the faith, the strength and the humility to serve Him with all your heart.

Mahal ko po kayo,

President Ostler