Friday, January 22, 2016

2016-1-23

This post is dedicated with gratitude to all the moms and families who had the desire to bless the lives of the missionaries in the Philippines Manila Mission during the past Christmas season.

The result was over 130 missionaries receiving mini quads, most of them with carrying cases.  President and I cannot adequately express how grateful we are for such a generous gift from you to them.  What is it that they value most?  It is their scriptures.  Many of them do not have their own scriptures.  They borrow someone's and bring them on their mission.  Often, they are paperback or large and heavy.

What a blessing it is for them to have the mini-sized quads!  Just yesterday, I saw a sister with hers and she was so happy to have it.  She said it is so much easier to carry around.  Another told me it was something he had always wished for but never thought he would have.  They all wanted to write to express their thanks, but since I don't have your names or contact information, I am posting it here, hoping you will see and be able to know the joy you brought our missionaries this past Christmas.

We only managed to get a picture of our Manila group, but we also gave out many on Palawan, and they were equally grateful and touched.  More than one of them shed tears, like I did...and still do when I think about it.

Thank you.  Thank you.