Tuesday, July 12, 2016

2016-7-12 A Really Wonderfully Hard Day

Well, they are gone.  Another 24 incredible, wonderful sons and daughters of our Father.  Lots of tears were shed tonight.  They are precious missionaries and they have touched our lives in SO many ways.  You would think it would get easier, but actually it gets harder because we get to know them better and better.  The group that left today were all missionaries that arrived after we did.

There is no way to express in words the great blessing it is to be here.  Tonight, the Smiths and Clarks were able to join us and I'm sure they would agree that if all the older couples in the church saw our meeting tonight with those wonderful missionaries....the church would have couples waiting in long lines to come.  A year from now, I hope all the missionaries are going to be there for me when it's my turn to go home and I don't want to leave.  I'll need their wise advice that I'm giving them right now!  :)

What a wonderful day we had at the temple, cemetery and mission home.  Here are a few pictures so you can share a bit of the spirit of the day.