Tuesday, April 4, 2017

2017-04-02 President's Real Message

Dear Sisters and Elders,
There are some words and some thoughts that will drain the faith out of your soul and sap the energy out of your body. What are these words?
I can't
Too hard
Too hot
Impossible
I'm not good enough.
It will never happen.
It is my companion's fault
Other people don't help us.
I always make mistakes.
Even just reading those words will drag down your spirit and discourage you! Beware of these words and beware of the thoughts that produce them.
I invite you to ELIMINATE THESE WORDS AND THOUGHTS FROM YOUR LIFE. In some ways these words are worse than swear words.
Replace them with faithful, hopeful truths:
"With God, ALL things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)
"I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the thing which he hath commanded." (1 Nephi 3:7)
"Therefore, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." (DC 123:17)
"Blessed art thou...for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word which I have given unto thee unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but has sought my will, and to keep my commandments." (Helaman 10:4)
"...for I do know that whosoever shall put his trust in God shall be supported in his trials and troubles and afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." (Alma 36:3)
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
"...Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." (Joshua 1:9)
"...I will go before your face, I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (DC 84:88)
I invite you to eliminate complaining, discouraging words from your vocabulary and from your life. Choose to be optimistic. Choose to be positive.
"Your future is as bright as your faith." (Thomas S. Monson)
Exercise faith. Trust the Lord. Believe His promises.
The greatest reason of all to be positive, optimistic, energetic and full of faith is that Jesus Christ atoned for our sins and opened the way for us to live with God again. The brightest, most hopeful thought in my life comes directly from Him: "...in the world ye shall have tribulation: BUT BE OF GOOD CHEER. I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD." (John 16:33)
Mahal ko po kayo,
President Creg Ostler